1. Website Visitors Like most website operators, SellMyGold might collect non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site and the date and time of each visitor request. SellMyGold’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how SellMyGold’s visitors use its website. From time to time, SellMyGold may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website. SellMyGold might also collect potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users, users who have submitted a form and for users leaving comments on blog posts. SellMyGold only discloses logged in user, form user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below.
2. Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information Certain visitors to SellMyGold’s websites choose to interact with SellMyGold in ways that require SellMyGold to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that SellMyGold gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors, who wish to get their precious metal or other items valuated, for their Name, Contact Number and Email address.
3. Security The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. On rare occasions, your information may be shared with relevant authorities in order to assist in fighting fraudulent or any other crime.
7. Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information SellMyGold might disclose potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on SellMyGold’s behalf or to provide services available at SellMyGold’s website, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using SellMyGold’s website, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. SellMyGold may not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, SellMyGold discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when SellMyGold believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of SellMyGold, third parties or the public at large.
If you are a registered user of SMG and have supplied your email address, SellMyGold (or it’s Sister Affiliates) may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with SellMyGold and our products and services. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. SellMyGold takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
If you have an account on this site, interacted with a form or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
8. Aggregated Statistics SellMyGold may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its website. SellMyGold may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, SellMyGold does not disclose your personally-identifying information.
10. E-commerce and Valuation Those who engage in transactions with SellMyGold – by purchasing or using SellMyGold’s services or products, are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, SellMyGold collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with SellMyGold. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.